What is Advanced Trade API?
Advanced Trade REST API supports trading and order management, plus a WebSocket protocol for real-time market data.
What is Advanced Trade on Coinbase?Advanced Trade on Coinbase offers:
- Real-time order books and live trade history backed by a simple order process.
- The same markets and liquidity as Coinbase Pro, the same volume-based fee structure.
- Charts powered by TradingView with EMA, MA, MACD, RSI, Bollinger Brand, and drawing tools.
- Access to Coinbase staking, Borrow, dapp wallet, and Coinbase Card using a single platform balance.
- DeFi Rewards where you can earn up to 5% APY rewards on your USDC, ETH2, DAI, ALGO, ATOM, XTZ.
- Enhanced security with 2FA, biometrics for mobile, FDIC-insured USD balances of up to $250k, YubiKey for mobile, Coinbase Vault, and address whitelisting.
- Availability on Coinbase.com and in the Coinbase mobile app.
What is happening to Coinbase Pro?
Coinbase Pro (including Pro APIs) will be fully sunsetted in early 2023, after all customers have been migrated.
Customers will be notified 30 days before accounts (or wallets) are transitioned from Coinbase Pro to Advanced Trade. Even so, we strongly recommend that you migrate your trading activity from Coinbase Pro to Advanced Trade and use Advanced Trade as your primary advanced trading platform before this time.
Once accounts are migrated, you will not be able to use your existing Coinbase Pro APIs to trade on Advanced Trade.
The Exchange APIs (FIX, REST Websocket), will continue to be available to Exchange (Institutional) clients.
Can I use my existing Coinbase Pro API keys to access Advanced Trade?
No, you cannot use existing Pro API keys to trade with Advanced Trade. See Migrating from Pro.
How do I migrate from Pro APIs to Advanced Trade API?
If you are a developer, you must regenerate your API key and adjust your code implementation. If you are using a third party bot, you must regenerate your API keys and update them in the trading bot. See Migrating from Pro.
Can I continue to access the FIX API?
Due to low use among retail users, the FIX API is not supported on Coinbase Advanced Trade.
Was this helpful?