Coinbase Cloud public validator offers high-uptime, and is architected to minimize downtime and double-signing. You retain full control over your assets when you delegate with self-custody wallets on Coinbase Cloud.
|Minimum delegation||1 MATIC (plus fees to cover)|
|Unbonding period||80 checkpoints (2-4 days, depending on Ethereum mainnet congestion)|
|Estimated APY||~ 5.1% (Varies based on amount stake and network parameters. Estimate is current as of September 2022.)|
- A self-custody wallet of choice (Coinbase Wallet, MetaMask, etc) funded with MATIC, and also ETH (which is used to pay transaction fees).
- Polygon Wallet connected to your self-custody wallet.
- When your self-custody wallet and Polygon Wallet are connected, your MATIC and ETH deposits display on your Polygon Wallet.
- To receive accumulated rewards, you must manually withdraw (as they are not paid out automatically by the validator).
- To withdraw, you need a minimum of 2 MATIC accumulated in rewards.
- You must manually restake rewards.
Links to Instructions
- Delegation Flow: Delegate your tokens to a public validator and earn rewards.
- Withdrawal Flow: Withdraw your earned rewards.
- Restaking Flow: Restake earned rewards to increase your initial stake
- Unbonding Flow: Remove your tokens from the public validator.
Was this helpful?