Welcome to the documentation for the upgraded onchain Coinbase Commerce experience!
Commerce lets merchants accept cryptocurrency for their goods and services by API or UI. Customers can pay directly from a computer or mobile device using the blockchain as the settlement network.
Benefits for merchants and their customers include:
- Guaranteed settlement with no volatility: Automatically settle payments into a stablecoin.
- Any wallet/exchange: Deposit funds in multi-sig/self-custody wallets or custody products like Prime.
- Preferred token: Accept hundreds of cryptocurrencies with the Commerce Onchain Payment Protocol.
- Built-in KYC - Customers can use their verified Coinbase account to pay any Commerce merchant.
- Instant confirmation: Customers can leverage low-cost transactions on networks like Base & Polygon.
Coinbase Commerce is built on top of the Onchain Payment Protocol, which is an open source universal standard we've developed to unify and simplify crypto payments.
Was this helpful?