This page explains how to integrate WooCommerce with Coinbase Commerce using the Coinbase Commerce plugin. Integrating with Coinbase Commerce lets you accept crypto payments.
- In your WordPress dashboard, choose Plugins > Add New.
- Search for Coinbase Commerce Payment Gateway for WooCommerce and select the plugin from Coinbase Commerce.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Activate to active the plugin for use.
Sign up for Coinbase Commerce
Sign up for Coinbase Commerce and follow the instructions: verify your email address, add two-step verification, and securely store your seed phrase.
Link to Coinbase Commerce
- Within the WordPress administration area, go to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments.
- Find Coinbase in the list of available payment gateways.
- Click on the Manage button on the right hand side.
This takes you to the settings page, where you can configure the plugin for your store.
Add API Key
- Within Coinbase Commerce, click on your avatar and go to Settings > Security.
- Click on New API Key to create a key that connects your WooCommerce store to your Coinbase Commerce account.
- Copy the API key to the clipboard.
- In your WordPress plugin settings, paste the shared secret into the API Key field.
Create Webhook Subscription
- Go to the Notifications tab (still in Coinbase Commerce Settings).
- By Webhook subscriptions, click Add an endpoint, paste the URL from within your plugin settings page, and Save.
- Click Show shared secret and copy the shared secret.
- In yor WordPress plugin settings, paste the shared secret into the Webhook Shared Secret field.
Your customers are now able to checkout and pay with crypto using Coinbase Commerce.
Was this helpful?