Coinbase Prime APIs allow institutional investors to programmatically manage trading, custody, real-time market data, and account management.
Institutions with programmatic trading strategies can execute multiple order types and use Coinbase’s smart order routing technology to ensure the best all-in price across connected liquidity venues.
Financial technology firms, brokerages, and others looking to build a crypto offering within their products can integrate with the APIs to manage crypto trading on behalf of their customers.
Fund administrators and operations teams can automate critical processes such as settlements, rebalancing, and bookkeeping in a transparent manner.
Some features include:
Trading and Order Management - Full market access for programmatic execution and price optimization:
- Programmatically execute market, limit, and TWAP (Time-Weighted Average Price) orders
- List order fills
- Cancel orders when needed
- Access Websocket and FIX market data
Account Management - Automate reconciliation, trade and transaction tracking, and more:
- View resources across your account hierarchy, at the entity, organization, portfolio, and user levels
- View transactions and positions by portfolio and wallet
- Provide read-only access to your third-party partners for further streamlining.
Custody - Store your assets with a highly secure crypto custodian:
- Retrieve wallets, corresponding transactions, and deposit instructions
- View balances by type and symbol
Custody-only users do not have access to Trading and Order Management APIs and features.
Was this helpful?